Data Centre Services Melbourne
When choosing the location of your data centre, there are compelling reasons to consider Melbourne - Australia's technology hub, 'knowledge city', and home to more than half of Australia's top 20 technology companies.
NTT’s Data Centre Services provide you with a high-quality long-term solution in Melbourne to increase your business’s efficiency and reduce your risks and costs, no matter where you are in the world.
Managing your own data centre, especially in a global organisation, is a difficult task. Your team needs to be available 24x7 with the right skills to do the job.
Transitioning your in-house environment to our Melbourne data centre reduces the hassle and cost of managing your own data centre team. Our professionals are ready to provide you immediate access to skilled engineers, day and night. Our convenient data centre location at 840 Lorimer street Port Melbourne Victoria 3207, provides easy access to Melbourne CBD.
As your Melbourne data centre partner we can also provide:
- Colocate your data centre at NTT ICT’s world-class facilities, offering security, performance, quality and flexibility
- Migrate your data to an NTT data centre location, easily, seamlessly and effectively.
- With 140 data centres globally, NTT ICT can assist with a disaster recovery solution customised to meet your businesses security, privacy, and recovery objectives.
- Access to NTT’s broad range of global network services to link data centres together using public networks or private networks.
- We can help your government agency relocate your data centre infrastructure into GovDC, two state-of-the art, whole-of government data centres that have reduced the complexity for agencies as they migrate to cloud environments – these centres, which are purpose built, modern, reliable, energy efficient and secure, will support the new approach to buying and using ICT services on-tap. See the different solutions we can provide at GovDC.
How You Benefit from Using NTT ICT’s Melbourne Data Centre at Port Melbourne
NTT ICT’s data centres have been built to the highest industry standards and fitted with advanced security and performance features. Our Melbourne data centre meets Tier III requirements as classified by the Uptime Institute and is directly connected to our industry-leading IPv6 compliant, Tier 1, and global IP network backbone. With infrastructure engineered to a minimum of fully redundant N+1 or N+N standards, we ensure business continuity and the availability of your IT systems with no single point of failure. Advanced cooling and humidity control provide an optimal environment for server infrastructure.
- Reliability: Our Melbourne data centre targets over 100% uptime. Around-the-clock monitoring and 24×7 on-site support ensure that systems are always fully operational and someone is always on the ground, ready to assist in the event of a problem.
- Trust: We are one of Australasia’s most trusted Data Centre providers — backed by NTT Communications, one of the largest companies in the world.
- Value: Take advantage of the most flexible data centre colocation service available today by paying only for what you use and what you need.
- Performance: Power available when you need it, delivered redundantly.
- Energy efficiency: Purpose-built data centres are typically 20–40 per cent more energy efficient than office-based facilities. This is due to efficient internal distribution systems, and high-voltage, low-loss connectivity to the power grid.
- Security: Our Melbourne data centre specialists have been trained in best practice security environments in the defence, banking and hosting sectors. This translates to highly secure design and operational procedures that minimise threats to your environment. NTT data centres have seven layers of security. At the same time, access to NTT ICT data centre facilities is restricted and follows the ISO9001:2000 secure access standard.
Technical specifications for our Melbourne data centre
- 1000 m2 gross area and 5000 m2 of future expansion space; 500 rack spaces plus 100 equivalent high density inline cooling PODs
- Up to 1,500 watts/m2 power for air-conditioning
- Uptime SLA of 100 %, conforming to Tier 3 classification from the Uptime institute
- Enhanced Tier III standard
- Rack Power provided from 2 kW to 12 kW in 1 kW increments.
- SLA-backed power and environmental conditions (temperature and humidity
NTT ICT also offers:
Colocate your data centre at NTT ICT’s world-class facilities in Melbourne, offering security, performance, quality and flexibility. Colocation makes exceptional business sense. These days, the economies of scale achieved in a purpose built data centre far outweigh the benefits of trying to keep it all under your own roof. At NTT Communications ICT Solutions (NTT ICT), our state-of-the-art, carrier neutral data centres offer significant cost savings and exceptional reliability and security.
NTT ICT’s offers a range of enterprise-class Cloud services to suit your demands. Become more agile with Cloud services and create cost-saving and security benefits for your business.
Choose from a Private, Public, Hybrid or On-Premise Cloud Service and access a complete solution from a single point of contact and tailored to your requirements. We’ll find the best match for your requirements from a range of options, oversee implementation and provide unparalleled customer service.
NTT ICT’s IP Transit provides access to high-speed, high capacity IP communications. This translates into faster internet access, minimise distance delays and benefit from our seamless service and support.
Being one of the world’s top-ranked Global Tier 1 IP backbones, our IP network is connected to major ISPs and contents in Asia, Europe, America and Oceania, providing high quality and reliable services you need, backed by 24/7 global customer support.
Melbourne IT Landscape
As the centre of the State of Victoria's ICT industry, Melbourne hosts over 8,000 companies, including many international firms such as IBM, Microsoft and Intel.
Melbourne leads the state which has a substantial ICT industry, generating A$34 billion in revenue annually and employing around 91,300 people directly. Lifestyle is a major drawcard: Melbourne recently ranked first in the global human capital and lifestyle index. In the past five years, nearly 20,000 new technology professionals moved to Melbourne which produces more ICT graduates than any other Australian city.
Software development firms in Melbourne form a mature, well-connected and highly talented, innovative ecosystem. They collaborate in supportive start-up business environments and seek opportunities in sector clusters such as Open Source Victoria, the Australian Software Innovation Forum, eLearning, Spatial Victoria, and the Game Developers Association of Australia (GDAA).
As a core centre for world-class universities, Melbourne is a magnet for talent. A recent national report into research excellence (produced by the Australian Research Council) in the information and computing sciences recognises Monash University's performance as 'above world standard', and the University of Melbourne's as 'delivering outstanding performance, well above world standard'.
Melbourne is the technology hub for NBN Co, hosting the NBN Co National Operations Centre (NOC) and the backup NOC. The national broadband network (NBN) is one of the largest infrastructure projects in Australia's history, and one of the largest broadband networks in the world. The project will provide high-speed broadband access to Australian homes and businesses via fibre to the node (FTTN) services.
NTT ICT Melbourne Data Centre at 826 Lorimer St,Port Melbourne VIC 3207